Saturday, April 08, 2006

An Internet Marketing Taboo

I'm at my workplace dyeing some t-shirts for the childrens field day at school and had a few minutes to do something else. I checked some blogs that I vistit on a somewhat regular basic when I have time. While looking at some of the comments on one of these I came across two comments with the same wording but with different names represented. The commments had no connnection to the blog itself but to say that it was interesting. The one thing that it did have in very big letters was an advertisment for website templates and a link. It was very evident that the comment was put there for the one purpose of advertising.

Having been writing about getting into internet marketing I just wanted to throw these few comments in as a prime example of how "not" to get website traffic. I'm not sure that everyone feels as strongly about this blatant act of disrespect as I do but please do not stoop this low.

Just my thoughts on the subject,

C. Oxford

No comments: