Sunday, April 02, 2006

Internet Marketing - Off Track

I just wanted to get a little off track and remind you of the very present fact that all affiliate marketers and sellers of training courses, information, etc are all in the business for the same reason that drew you to it.

All of us are in this business for profits and a good living or extra income. The gurus are in it for the same reason with the exception that they have or supposedly have already made it. The fact is that they must continue to market to exist in the same fashion that they have become accustomed to.

Some make it and then seem to forget where they came from. They have forgotten their rags to riches story or their humble beginnings. I spent a considerable sum of money with one only to find out that his time was to important to answer questions himself. He made to much money lecturing to answer questions from people that ordered his information.

On my first website, I bought templates and accompanying installation package which I paid additional money for from a company only to find out that the owner had children and failed to reply to my emails because she was either on vacation or had to much family work to do. The questions that I asked may have been simple to her and did not require additonal help but to me they were very important since this was my first attempt at publishing a website and using html or Front Page.

The one piece of advice that I can give is to select information and programs from someone who is reachable by email or telephone and is willing to give you assistance when you need it. Do a lot of research and try to get in touch with these people before you spend your money. They may change after the sale, but you can usually tell if they are sincere. Even though they are trying to make money themselves, they will also try to help you. I will give some of my experiences with these people that I have found in my internet dealings.

The only problem is that "everything changes and so does Google". The people that published the programs on keyword stuffing will have to work to come up with new plans and update a lot of information since I hear that the rules have been changed.

My suggestion to you is to study the new rules before you sink a lot of money into a game that is playing by the old rules.

I know that most of you are aware a lot of this information but just wanted to remind you of some points that have come to me the hard way.

The Best

C. Oxford

No comments: