Thursday, September 07, 2006

Profiling

Do any of you ever do any profiling while driving. This morning while driving on the interstate going to work, I realized that I do this most of the time. Sometimes this is a defense mechanism and sometimes it is used as entertainment.

I'm not speaking of racial profiling but mostly state tag profiling or car profiling. Have you ever looked at a tag on a car and know how the driver will react to certain situations?

Weve get a lot of comuters from South Carolina coming into North Carolina to work and I have most of them figured out. If they are running 55 mph in the fast lane, they are determined that you are not going to pass. They will either speed up to keep you from passing or they will not move over and let you by. Dont ever make the mistake of trying to pass them in the lane to the left of them. They will blow their car up before they let you get by. Its like a game with them.

Georgia drivers are used to driving on better roads than the SC drivers. They are usually "moving on" in the left lane and will still move over and let you pass if you so desire. Most Georgians are considerate drivers.

Another car to watch is the ones with NY state tags on them. They drive like they think that the Civil War is still going on. They want to drive reckless and fast. They drive like no one in the South at the time should be on the road besides them. Weve had so many move in and stay that the roads are over populated with them. You can tell if they have been down here any length of time and have bought a NC tag because they all have a I Luv NY sticker somewhere on their car.

Another driver that you can pretty well anticipate their actions are the cowboys driving the dual wheel pickups better know as doolies. Must be that Napoleon complex. They pretty much act like they are driving an 18 wheeler. The road is theirs. I have a lot of them flying by me in the mornings. They are about like the SC drivers. It is an insult for them to get passed. Watch out if they have a number 3 anywhere on their truck.

If you get behind a car running 80 one minute and 60 the next staying in the left lane the whole time, you have come upon a professional cell phone user. Be careful, their mind is wherever the call is coming from.

There is a lot more that I could mention, but I will stop with this for now.

Just having a little fun. Am I the only one that "traffic profiles"?

C. Oxford
GetawayCrafts.com

5 comments:

Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

I must admit that I, Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq., do a lot of profiiling while driving. Usually, I try to avoid being near the hybrids and other pansy vehicles of the west-coast, liberal elite. If they supported America, they'd drive an American car that runs on gas and helps the oil industry, being as the oil industry helps "fuel" our free market system! (Sorry for the pun.)

I also use profiling to avoid being too close to terrorists on the road.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

If you're interested in exchanging links, please let me know.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

jbwritergirl said...

Ever since they came out with the car survey that said the favorite gay mans car is the Element and the favorite gave lesbian car is the Subaru SUV I can't help but speed up to get beside them just to see for myself who's behind the wheel.

I've discovered that there are more unlikely gay people out there than I thought, LOL!

JB

Bethany said...

I am in Australia. about profiling while driving.It is said to steer clear of volvo drivers and also old men wearing hats, known to veer out, stop, and turn with out warning, and drive very slow

Bobby Griffin said...

where have you been C. Oxford??!?